Sunday, August 7, 2011

Aiden is 3!



Aiden, my cute little boy, you're 3 now!
For your special day we had a few friends over for a pool party,
and we had birthday snow cones at Aunt Angie's.

What a blessing you are to all of us! We love you so much and
we are thankful for the fun gift that God gave us in you!

You absolutely adore your sisters and you try to copy everything they do!
They are rather fond of you too!
They spend time reading to you, playing with you and building forts for you!

Some of your favorite things right now are:
Color-- red (pronounced wed :)
Book--My First Big Book of Trucks
Toy--Dump Truck, Lightening McQueen
Playing "tack" with daddy
cold hot dogs...yes, cold!!

You tell me that when you grow up you will drive a police car.
Your daddy and I would be proud to have our son driving a police car,
but we'd really like for that police car to be in a very small town somewhere. In the U.P. perhaps?

And apparently you are wanting to start practicing for driving that police car with my van!
Recently when someone came in and asked if we could move the van you said, "Just give me the keys mom, I can do it!" I may be a bit old-fashioned, but I think 3 is just way too young to be asking for keys to the car!!

Although you are only 3 you have recently proven just how smart you really are! The other night after being tucked in bed way past your bedtime, you came out into the kitchen. Dad and I were there visiting with his cousins, Nate and Sarah. You gave dad a glance, but walked past him. As you came up to me you hugged me and said, "Mommy, I love you." That sweet proclamation of love was immediately followed by a request for some food! Nate laughed and said, "You just convinced me you are the smartest 3 yr old around!"

The girls went to nature camp and learned a song about Tarzan and Jane. You have been singing about Tarzan's tan and Jane's pain ever since and cracking us up with your Tarzan and Jane voices!

This summer your sisters played softball. You must've been watching closely as we cheered for them when they were up to bat. The other day as I watched you from the kitchen window, you put a ball on the tee, picked up your bat, bent your knees, closed your eyes, and said, "Aiden! Aiden! Aiden!" Then you gave a big swing, hit the ball and yelled, "Yay Aiden!"

One of my favorite things you do is when just the two of us are together. You give me a smile and say, "Mommy, it's just me and you, just you and me!"
Then you wrap those little arms around my neck and give me a big squeeze!

We love you Aiden and we are thankful God has chosen us to be your mom and dad!
We pray that you will be a man that will glorify the Lord in all you do.
 May you have a desire to know Him and His Word, and may you serve Him all the days of your life!

We love you, son!
Mom and Dad



















1 comment:

  1. Cousin Nathan will let him practice driving next time we are up. :-) He had Jane "drive"two summers ago when we were in Coleman.

    Have fun being a 3 year old Aiden! Wish we could see you more.

    ReplyDelete