Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day, Nap Day and Our Anniversary!

Today is 3/14 our 13th wedding anniversary and Pi Day! Today I learned that it is also National Nap Day!
What a great day! We love pie, and we love naps!

Our day began kinda crazy, you can tell we have been married for 13 years. Aiden started to come down with a virus yesterday and he did not sleep well last night. Which meant we did not sleep well. I was up with him several times and the last time I got back into bed was just 45 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I decided to turn my alarm off and get some sleep. It's our anniversary, beauty sleep was of utmost importance! About 2 hours later I regretted that decision as our morning became a whirlwind of getting everyone ready for the day while taking care of a sick little boy. We managed to get everything together and we were out the door for our day away!


We began with physical therapy for Ryan, where I had the chance to torture him just a little bit. You know they say, no pain, no gain! Of course I do this because I am fully devoted to his complete recovery!!




After PT we were off to Genji's Japanese Steak House for lunch. Ryan did pretty well eating his lunch, even though he can't open his mouth very wide. I did offer to eat his lunch for him, but he seemed to do okay on his own.

Then we went to my doctor's appointment, which was a follow up from the shoulder MRI. Again, it looks like there is nothing that needs to be surgically repaired, which is really great! The rotator cuff looks good, but they are not sure there isn't some damage that may need to be repaired. We are going to try a less invasive procdure first, along with physical therapy to see if that doesn't help with my neck movement and shoulder pain. I'm relieved that surgery isn't necessary right now.The idea of surgery scares me. My husband is so brave and underwent more than 13 hours of surgery, and I don't even like the thought of it!

We had a good day together, although it may not have been what we would've planned! We thought back on our wedding 13 years ago. I remember seeing Ryan pull into the parking lot as I was having pictures taken in the sanctuary. I watched him from a window as he got out of his car with his tux in hand. He was so cute!! We also remembered all the people that were there with us and the fun we had that day. Yep, it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment