- The girls have finished memorizing the books of the Old Testament and have moved on to memorizing the 10 commandments.
- We have been reading The Golden Goblet, by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, as our read-aloud.
- Moriah has been reviewing adjectives and learning adverbs in grammar.
- Emma is reviewing sentences and paragraphs in grammar.
- They have been studying water and air in science. In one experiment they put a crumpled up piece of paper and put it in the bottom of a glass. Then they turned the glass upside down and pushed into the kitchen sink which was filled with water. Their paper did not get wet because their glass was filled with air! Even though they couldn't see it, they could tell it was there b/c it kept the water out of the glass and away from their paper!
This week, since we had several appointments, we took a fall break. It came at a perfect time! The weather was gorgeous and we had time to savor some of the beautiful, warm, fall days!
We played at the park.
Aiden had a friend over and they went looking for "big bucks."
And the girls buried them in the leaves!
The girls made leaf houses.
Moriah's even comes with a pool!
Their leaf homes are in the country, near a park and a wild game reserve. The reserve is "home to over 200 deer, which includes over 100 bucks." I learned that on my personal tour. :)
Although they enjoy the comforts of country living, they also built a leaf city. The city has a library, store, courtroom, and doctor's office. Moriah is the librarian, shopkeeper, and doctor.
When Aiden, a frequent patient, is in need of medical attention, he lays on the ground with his eyes closed until help arrives. The girls come with the ambulance (their sled) and pull the patient to the doctor's office!
Emma is the mayor and artist. And Aiden, he is the P- Bus Driver (wondering what that
is? See the quotes below!)
Here's Emma standing in the middle of their city.
Here they are having fun with friends in their leaf house!